- Missing My Posts? August 23, 2014
- 1274 August 4, 2014
- I have migrated!! August 3, 2014
- Monthly Book Round-up: July 2014 August 1, 2014
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children | Book Review July 31, 2014
Please visit www.booksaremything.com to continue following my blog!
As always, this weekly book blog meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I have a pretty big mix of authors on my shelves, and don’t really collect authors much unless they are series, so this post is going to be a bit short this week.
1) Stephen King. Well now, if you didn’t see that one coming first and foremost then you haven’t been around my blog for very long. 🙂 I have an entire filled shelf of his works, and really, that’s just skimming the surface where he’s concerned. There are also quite a few books that went missing from my mother’s house when I still had belongings there, and I still lament over what might have happened to them. If I buy any more books beyond his newest Mr. Mercedes, I’m going to have to start another shelf.
2) Anne Bishop. I have the original Black Jewels Trilogy (very well worn from multiple readings), plus a good handful of other books set in the same world as the trilogy and often involving the same characters of the trilogy. I’ve been meaning to look for other work by her, but haven’t done so.
3) J.K. Rowling. Because of course I own all the HP books.
4) Nicholas Sparks. I’m a sucker for a make-me-cry romance story from time to time; these books are made up of a few I actually decided to keep and a few I haven’t read yet. I’m pretty picky about which of his I keep, often they will just go right back to the used bookstore or library sale after I read them.
Aannnndddddd, that’s about it. Every other author I own I only have 4 books or less, and most of these are series. I guess I just like to read a vast majority of authors!
Some women collect shoes, others collect purses. I collect books.
When You Just Need Spoiler-Free Reviews In A Pinch
“Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food” – Hippocrates
musings of a teacher, parent, and life-long learner
“Books to the ceiling, Books to the sky, My pile of books is a mile high. How I love them! How I need them! I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.” - Arnold Lobel
Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting - Edmund Burke
A topnotch WordPress.com site
What's the dirt on soil? Find out here.