Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of blogging and blogosphere participation since last week, I was out of town for a long weekend – aka I got to enjoy ONE nice day of sunny 70 degree weather at the beach, and then ran a half marathon on the next, much more windy, day.
As always, this weekly book blog meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
If you knew the state of my TBR (to be read) list, and the way I pick books to read, you’d understand why this list is a bit hard.
First of all, I have a TBR shelf at home of books I’ve already purchased. There is no list of these, because I specifically have a designated shelf for them. This shelf lets me know when my book buying vs book reading is starting to get out of control.
Then I have a wish list of books I’d like to either purchase or just read, not divided. This list is a word document. Numbered, in alphabetical order by title, nearing a rough estimate of 200.
I say the number like that because
a) I have all books series listed as only ONE item
b) I have tons of handwritten additions all over the pages. I occasionally add these to the current document and print a new one, usually only when I run out of space to write on the pages by hand.
AND THEN there’s the fact that I often make my reading choices based solely on my mood at the time.
So yeah, this TTT is pretty darn hard to get a handle on, but here’s my attempt!
10 Books in my Spring 2014 TBR Pile
- April’s Book That is Lost or Forgotten – After struggling with it for the first 60-70 pages or so, I’m FINALLY getting into my March book, Out of the Blue by Isabell Wolff, which is one of the longest out of my Lost or Forgotten collection, so I’m hoping to finish or be near finishing it by the end of this month and choose a new one for April.
- May’s Book That is Lost or Forgotten – Again, keeping with my theme of one Lost or Forgotten book each month.
- June’s Book That is Lost or Forgotten – Am I cheating by listing it this way? Perhaps, but these really are books on my TBR pile for the Spring!!
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth – I finished the second book this weekend, and I cannot WAIT to dive into this last one. I read so many reviews of this series that I wasn’t sure what I was going to make of it, but so far I’m really, really glad I decided to wait before judging.
- Unhinged by A.G. Howard – I sprinted through the first book of this series, Splintered (review coming your way this week!), and the only reason I haven’t read it yet is because I got the Divergent series for my birthday a few days later.
- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King – As I wrote in my The Shining review, I needed to get some distance from King before I went back to another of his books. Despite the fact that it takes me a while to read his work, I really want to jump into this one soon.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger – This is one of those on my wish list to read, but not necessarily own. I’m really weird about “classics”. Having bought a few of them in the past and then not liking them much (Lord of the Flies, Catch-22, and Wuthering Heights come to mind), I’m trying to refrain from buying any new ones that I don’t currently own. A coworker of mine has mentioned several times that she is willing to loan this one out to me, and I really just need to take her up on the offer.
- Dark Lover, #1 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward – I’ve been reading a bunch of young adult fiction the last few weeks, and I find myself craving something a little more grown up. This series was recommended to me a long time ago by an old friend whom I had introduced to the Black Jewels Trilogy years ago. I have no idea if he’s actually read any of this series, or just heard of them, but he seemed to think I’d like them.
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis – I keep seeing older reviews for this book and new reviews for the later books in the series, which makes me really want to read this book and see what all the fuss is about (along with like 50 other books, but that’s besides the point, haha).
- Another ARC from NetGalley – While I do feel pressured by ARC’s, I think it’s kind of fun to introduce you all to books that will soon be coming out, so I’d like to do at least one more ARC this spring. It will probably be another YA book, as these are the easiest for me to do a quick read of and still enjoy.
What are some of the books on your Spring To-Be-Read pile?? Are any of them the same as mine?
Have you read any of my TBR books?
If you’re visiting from The Broke and the Bookish, please post your TTT link so that I can visit you!